"1907-1915. This is where it all started. Rev. George Tyler, pastor of the Watt Street United Brethren Church, felt a need to begin a church on the west side of Chillicothe. He rented the building shown, at the corner of High Street and Allen Avenue, which is still standing. With his choir and others interested in the project, he began a series of evangelistic services on May 30, 1907. At the end of eight weeks there were sufficient numbers to start a congregation. Mr. and Mrs. Emmitt Ater were charter members and lived right behind the church, on Allen Ave., part of their house is showing in the picture. This picture was given to our historical file by Mrs. Thomas (Anna) Weaver, also a charter member."
(Information for the above was written on a note by Gladys Wagner in 1982)
We moved from High Street to our current location in 1915.
The building on the corner of High Street and Allen Avenue is now known (in 2017) as Church of Deliverance and has been remodeled and expanded.
Contributed by Jake Vollmar/Church Historian